nafizaazad

Bibliophilic Monologues

Enchanted Ivy

Enchanted Ivy - Sarah Beth Durst I haven’t seen too much about this one on the blogs – but then again, it was released back in October so I may just have missed the promotions. I liked this book. It was entertaining. But there’s a certain skein of, dare I say, elitism that runs through the book that is, at times, hard to overcome. A certain barrier between those who can (and are lucky to be able to) go to Princeton and those plebians who have to be content with gaping at the prestigious school from afar. That certain feel aside, it is an interesting story with an original idea that I’ll leave you to discover on your own. I’m not too sold on the “soul mate” stuff and the chemistry between the main characters, while certainly believable, does sometimes feel a little forced. The female protagonist sounds too young to be the age she is. I would have liked some more attitude in her than there was but this might just be a personal issue. All in all, this was a quick read. And a fun one. I believe it is a debut novel? At least in this genre. Well, no, it isn’t. Not really. Anyway, this book does establishe Ms. Durst as someone to follow in her growth as an author.